shall we not

Monday, July 25, 2005

"i've wasted a fortune fucking up my life"

1. Back in school
So after two weeks holiday i have this morning returned to work and am non to happy about it. After some incredible procrastination i have begun trying to write up what i've been working on and i appear to have lost any ability of writing a coherent sentence. I lay in bed until i started to dream about the work i was doing and i couldn't even remember the good sentence that i came out with in it- damn. Then i also decided to clean my room but had to eventually start. Even the sermon last night was related to my topic- i.e. the lines of community- Bishop Jack seems to be quite the complexity theorist.

2. Kinsey
Was really impressed by this partly because it in part glamourises the life of a researcher with loads of time on how to interview etc... but Professor Kinsey's methodology was very American empiricist. It was also interesting to see how people responded to his findings regarding the actual (rather than the assumed) sexual behaviour of men and women in 50's America. The overall response was shock and to discredit the researcher rather than respond and deal with the findings suggesting that people only see what they want.

3. A dead man's wardrobe
The last few times i've been to Oxfam there has been loads of Bench stuff in medium and i', now able to spot this guy's stuff in the shop so i've reasoned that either he has decided to dress smarter or he died. Anyway, it start me thinking about the strangeness of brands and wanting to wear something which advertises me as something to sit on.

4. Empty Vessel
Had a vision of my heart as an empty vessel last night which depressed me a bit with the idea of how can you love someone if you won't let me (God) love you? that was kind of depressing.

5. Sex
Watched the men and women thing on BBC 1 again last night to see if i could find any dating tips and was actually rather happy that very few of the scientist predictions were correct- there are too many variables in attraction. However, apparently height is a very good thing for a bloke but i assume that is one a normal distribution curve so my height is excessive. Also, Same Mendes and Kate Winslet look like each other- nice.

6. Obseqious
Respectful to an excessive degree as seen in Melinda and Melinda ("I'm running out of obseqious banter)

7. Oasis
It shames me to admit but i kind of like their new song (and the video is ace)

89. The Joy of Numbers
Numbering is the new bullet point (it's so fetch). It allows the prioritising of ideas or it just shows the order of my thoughts when i come to write/prattle on about summit and stuff

1000932.
I am yet to stage a successful intervention

1 Comments:

  • If you're referring to The Importnace Of Being Idle, then I entirely agree: it's reet good.

    By Blogger Pete, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home