Yesterday it was me that played the role of mum and prepared a Easter Sunday veritable feast along with my accomplice of:
- Roast lamb shoulder stuffed with cranberry, apricot and rosemary.
- Roasted winter vegetables (sweet patatoes, carrot, sweede, peppers, parsnip)
- Roast potatoes
- Carrot in coriander seeds and garlic
- Apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and creme anglaise.
Started cooking after church and finished eating at 5.30 and then couldn't move for the next few hours, that's what i call a meal! Then moved on to the cheese board which was a rather special affair given that the selection had all been purchased from a posh Stratford Upon Avon cheese shop which Jon used to work in. This made me think of the random expert knowledge that we all seem to possess covering topics like cheese, shoes, the nhs, the dvla which only emerge in particular situations and how much i like it. Now i just need the following:
- a snow cat expert
- a 'i want to go on holiday but i have no idea where' expert
- a 'of course i can make that bag for you' expert
- someone who plays an obscure sport that i'd love to play. Maybe korfball.
and all my problems will be solved.