shall we not

Friday, December 31, 2004

Home at Christmas

Found it strange being back at my Mum and Dad's this week and been trying to figure out why and i think it links to a bit in Garden State where Large is saying about his realisation that the house he grew up isn't his home anymore. Whilst I haven't been at my parents' house all my life, i have been there on and off for eight years (longest i've been anywhere) and with my parents trying to move away, i think i'd prepared myself for Christmas in Edinburgh and not traveling across the city. I also felt a sort of isolation that i had when i was at school mainly from hanging out with St Toms guys who all lived in Crookes and not the people i went to school with everyday. The feeling this week is largely self imposed because i could have phoned/met up with people but there was something about being in Fulwood which saw me revert back to my introverted self whereby i try and kill time rather than relax and enjoy it (i don't mean i don't like being an introvert, i love it but i purposefully distanced myself a lot then). This is all a round about way of saying i'm seeing the value of being connected with people so hurrah for that anyway and i guess I'm glad to be back in Netherthorpe. Also, hoping that tommorrow night is cool. OK, bye

2 Comments:

  • This isn't to say that home was bad, i really enjoyed seeing my folks and Em

    By Blogger hugh, at 5:33 PM  

  • how long have you lived in netherthorpe? you have been doing a great job of duping us into thinking you livec at the cliffords!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home