shall we not

Monday, August 01, 2005

lady goodman Vs emily rugburn

Today the numbering shall be abandoned to an altogether more hotch-potch to my weekend thoughts. After a week of mental exhaustion i decided against a trip to the pub on Friday night but i did realise that i'm never able to hit the tone i want in my writing because i need to be in an upbeat mood but work never has that affect on me, i just end up sounding like an academic ponce who isn't clever enough to back it up. A quote i really like is "If it looks difficult then you aren't working hard enough". I have named this the worker's paradox and the advice i received was to get laid and take drugs-lovely. The other thing about writing is that i can go all day without seeing anyone and this made me realise that it's very lonely.

So Saturday morning was football which i normally love despite the early start but this week was a bit different. The game was like a proper match (finishing 4-4 instead of 15-14 like normal) and was really tense as Lol said there was joking at the start and the end but not in between which didn't match the normal tone. It also reminded me why i stopped playing football at uni. I played ok (scored one, set up another) but it really stressed me out and i ended up taking it quite seriously, getting annoyed when people didn't track back, missed sitters etc but at the same time you kind of have to be encouraging. I found this a bit difficult and forced and it reminded me of a quote i heard about the affect of fame that basically says that fame is the ultimate true character detector. I think football might be the same and i was less than impressed with my true character.

Anyway, pragraph 1 plus paragraph 2 resulted in a state of misery and paranoia for the weekend's events. I felt completely false at Robin's birthday and couldn't really face it so i went to the Showroom and watched the superb DiG! about the Brian Jonestown Masacre and Dandy Warhols. Came back to the party and had a good time by a) drinking until i was post-drunk (the state when you were drunk but then after a bit you're ok again) and b) talking to people i didn't know too well (except Laurance). I'm not sure i could have faced the front room given i felt like i had a novelty V for Vendettta mask on (if i were cleverer i'd put a picture of it here but anyway i can't. I really want to see the trailer but uni hasn't got quicktime-damn) but this is all a bit melodramatic - it was a cool party ("lots of hugging, lots of dancing etc, etc").

Sunday was the naming at the Cask and Cutler which was really nice but i did too much comfort eating. Also, Robin can't be a Pompey fan, under the football fan's code he can only support Wednesday (as his Dad doesn't follow football and he lives over the posh bit of the city)

So Sunday evening was spent watching Almost Famous which always helps matters somewhat

i changed the blog title- i like the collection of words

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home