shall we not

Monday, June 13, 2005

i'll come at you fast like the northern bullet

Was thinking about the sermon at church last night and the fact that i found myself disagreeing/getting annoyed with some of the things he said. Partly just because he failed to understand the intricacies of public policy and agenda setting but also some of the stuff about euthanasia and abortion and found myself thinking probably what doesn't sit well in Godly circles. This, in turn made me think about how much i tend to let my opinions just sit there and exist without me actually thinking them through too much. My emotions/feelings seem to be seperate from my logic etc and seldom do the two meet. So as a result, more summons that irritate me please but in a good way- oh never mind.

3 Comments:

  • i know what you mean about the euthanasia stuff. obviously, in an ideal world it's not, um, ideal. but speaking from personal experience, i can totally sympathise with anyone wanting to do it, and until we as christians can realisticly offer a better alternative (ie healing) i don't think we can sit on the sidelines & give judgement

    By Blogger dan, at 11:19 AM  

  • golly, did i miss a good preach?

    By Blogger Matt, at 3:42 PM  

  • Yeah, dan, the moral 'high ground' irritates the hell out of me too ! (I single quote 'high ground' cos it really isn't). You're right its not ideal..

    I think it definately requires a miracle to transition stuff back into its original operating environment (which it was designed for) when its been operating out of it for so long. What should suprise us is that we can exist at all outside of that original design spec & operating paramaters & environment - the operation and results of which are, at best, undefined when thinking of it from a design point of view, but of course we can see precisely what humankind has become. A human is born with an identity, a distant relation to a good identity, but an identity that is the multiplication of thousands of generations of fallen identities. No-one knows how a fallen human is supposed to operate, or survive or be because its identity-mutations (for want of a much better word) and the environment it exists in were never part of the design spec & operating paramaters.

    With euthenasia & homosexuality perhaps our generation has got off lightly...? I wonder what massive unsolvable-without-a-miracle questions our children will have to face? I hope our children don't follow the trend we've continued in so far failing to show the way to the miracle, because as "unsolvable-without-a-miracle" suggests, we really have no other solutions - all the stuff we come up with is just lose-lose every time.

    Golly, perhaps I should blog that - maybe if I wasn't running an auction... :)

    By Blogger Matt, at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home