shall we not

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

windows and mirrors into MeWorld

I'm trying to avoid work at the moment

I read i really interesting article in the Observer t'other day about the role of teenage girls in society by Thomas de Zengotita (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1539674,00.html). The author argues that the huge amount of media that now exists only serves to make us more self aware as they allow constant comparison. This also allows us to create our own MeWorlds which i reckon i'm pretty good at. I spend most of my time on the move with headphones on (my own soundtrack), litter my conversation with references to film, tv, songs etc (which is kind of anti-social), i seldom answer the phone (unless i'm ready to deal with the consequences), i read loads of magazines (which tell me what i should be wearing, listening to, watching etc...) and when i can spend ages pissing about on the internet. This very blog is probably the best example of MeWorld. Man no wonder i feel a bit isolated, i'm too busy with my head rammed up my own arse

Right, back to my musings on new institutionalim and what is says about the structure/agency debate (4,000 words in)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home