shall we not

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

trilogy is three

I got asked if i was still blogging the other day and although i said yes i also thought that quite a lot my posts have been of the, 'i like this, it is good' variety but due to the fact most of my recent thought thoughts would have been offensive to put up or of the 'rather no-one knew about this' variety. However, whilst in the library yesterday a couple of things crossed my mind:

1. I'd never really thought of myslef as a rule breaker but over the last few weeks there have been a number of instances of going against authority. For example, yesterday my sister called me in the library so i picked up and walked out of the working area but in doing this got loudly told that i wasn't allowed to take calls in the bit i was leaving so rather sarcastically said well it would appear that i'm leaving the area wouldn't it. Added to this the experience at my parent's the other day and it seems that i hate being bossed about. No surprise you may think but it made me refelct on the idea that i consider myself independent to the point that might have become my identity preventing me getting close to anyone.

2. Someone described me a social butterfly the other day because i had so much stuff on and often in the same evening and this wouold further support the notion of not getting close as i'm spending bits of time with lots of people.

3. The other question i pondered (perhaps contradicting the above) was how much i live through other people. Now to some extent knowing things about your friends is a good and natural thing but i did realise i saw someone the other day and didn't really talk about either of us but about other people. Is that healthy or not? A symptom of the church village? Or blokes need to gossip?

4. Saw Transamerica and 3 Burials recently, both good, i liked them. Was less satisfied by Inside Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home