shall we not

Friday, April 22, 2005

a little stupidity goes a long way

Had loads of interviews this week and it made me kind of glad that i'm so young in the sense everyone who i've spoken to has assumed my age means i'm a little slow and unable to understand the complexity of the public policy world (which to be fair is true) but it means that they're very revealing. Also, it has shown how much i need a dictaphone given my interview style (ramble on at me whilst i frantically scribble it down) and that first impressions are crucial. For example, today the first thing someone said was they noticed i had a make poverty history band on which was a good start for the interview. I also have to play up my Sheffield roots/credentials a bit!

Also, i've fallen in love with the Magic Numbers, you can watch their video on (www.nme.com/features/) they seem to do the 60's upbeat melody but with slightly less happy lyrics thing (see Beach Boys) very well. They're very much the band du jour in magazines but that appears to be because they're good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home