shall we not

Monday, March 13, 2006

Like drops of blood in milk

I have come to the realisation that at the tender age of 23 i am an old man. A number of factors have contributed to this belief:
- Somone i sort of know was surprised that i wasn't nearly 30. Now i wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not.
- I catch myself thinking that i am loads older than my housemates when in actual fact i am only about a year older but get lumped in with the 25+group by others aswell.
- I go to bed stupidly early (11 on Friday and, 10 on Saturday and it was a struggle to stay up until then). I'm stone cold awake by 7 am.
- I play Scrabble on Sundays and very much enjoy programmes about snow leopards (my power animal) on BBC. NB. Despite percieved age difference my housemate always kicks my arse at Scrabble.
- Young Blood Brass Band are playing at Tuesday club and i want to go but would feel a bit self conscious as i haven't been to a club for years. It would also mean extreme tiredness for the rest of the week.
- I refer to football players who on reflection played over 10 years ago.
- I crave interior design magazines and plan out for house i don't own and won't for years and years. I also got excited when my mum passes on some of her pans to me as they can't use them on their new induction hob (which is amazing).
- I get annoyed with nosiy people on the train and a berate the general drop in manners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home