shall we not

Thursday, August 11, 2005

there's a doings afoot

As I lay in bed last night i realised how much i'd enjoyed a thoroughly lovely set of decent days and nights recently . For example, yesterday evening was spent eating and playing scrabble. I can't remember the last time i played to the extent i reckon i must have been under the age of 10 (we Munro's aren't big board game players ever since the Escape from Colditz incident). So anyway, finished bottom of the pile but it was really close; I got 117 and the winner got 123. My favourite words of the game were zealot, blurb and sheer and of course quint. The last one was mine and got me 46 points but isn't actually a word (i was thinking of quin) but given the strict dictionary challenging rules and my own blind confidence it got through. However, i really shouldn't have coffee as it means that i spend valuable sleep time spelling words in my head which means my working is going rubbish today.

3 Comments:

  • Like the Futureheads reference.

    By Blogger Pete, at 1:19 PM  

  • cheers and i managed to pick up the work rate this afternoon too-bonus

    By Blogger hugh, at 4:01 PM  

  • what's the escape from colditz incident? did you eat that too?

    By Blogger dan, at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home