shall we not

Monday, January 09, 2006

Yeah, in a creepy ironic way

Having recently started reading the newspaper alongside a friend it made me realise how poorly I utilise it. I tend to just read the headlines in the proper news section stopping if the article relates to my course (very rare) and then spending ages on the supplement be it G or T2. However, I am very proud of the fact that i've answered the last three Times Polygons in a row in under 10 seconds (but then if i can't see the answer quickly i can't do it at all). As my parents said over Christmas, "Sudoko is for people who can't use words." Anyway, i was always a Guardian man but have been increasingly finding it rather bitter, so had started going over to the dark side (The Times) especially given the shoddy nature of the Saturday Guardian (the Guide being the only good bit) but end up with the Observer attracted by the supplements even if the Food one never has a recipe i'll use and the Sport can be balnd. I was also thinking that i still like the The Friday Review in the Guardian but then i remembered that the film reviews can be very annoying only praising a film i it was shot by a one armed man filming through a yak in Sweedish telling the tale of deprivation and despair in Sidcup. So my friend reads the Independent, a paper i always want to like but feel slightly underwhelmed by. It also made me think about how i should post, should it be in a bullet point syle like many of the Independent fronts which can be a bit overwhelming or like a maundering Saturday column? Like a true academic i think i'll go for a bit of both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home