shall we not

Friday, December 09, 2005

Now Then Mardy Bum

"The following is based on real events. Only the names, locations and events have been changed".
So after much procrastination and a rather strange dream involving me apologising about my hair to Alex Kapronos (out of Franz Ferdinand) here is my list of the bestest stuff of the year:

Albums
Death Cab for Cutie- Transatlanticism (although out last year i bought it in March)
Sufjan Stevens - Come on Feel the Illinoise!
Arcade Fire- Funeral

Singles
Supergrass- St Petersburg
Futureheads- Hounds of Love
Dears- 22; Death of all the Romance
(special award for best song title to Cardigan's I need some fine wine and you, you need to be nicer)

Gigs
Arcade Fire
Regina Spektor
Ben Folds

Guilty Pleasures
Kelly Clarkson
Girls Aloud
Coldplay

Films (indies)
History of Violence
Mean Creek
Cafe Lumiere
(others in no particular order- Downfall, In My Father's Den, Life Aquatic, Sideways, Silver City and DIG!)
(special award to Primer since i still don't know what the hell it was about and Mysterious Skin for making me fairly uncomfortable and follwoing me round for a while)

Films (blockbusters)
Batman Begins
Million Dollar Baby
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
(others- Sin City, 40 Year Old Virgin, Wedding Crashers, Team America)

DVD and TV
Scrubs
Michael Gondry and Spike Jonze (although they've been out for ages)
Mighty Boosh (particularly the radio version)
Nathan Barley (the idiots are winning)

Magazines
Filter
Empire

3 Comments:

  • Hello Hugh, I'm Erika's friend Stacy from Austin (you might remember me from a few years back). Just wanted to pipe in that I wholly agree with you on Sufjan Stevens and Arcade Fire and so enthusiastically do I agree that I'm gonna give that Death Cab a much more serious listen. Also got to see Arcade Fire live and I'll never be the same. art, beauty, life, music: long live Arcade Fire!

    By Blogger Stacy, at 12:59 AM  

  • Hey Stacy, of course i remember, it's good to hear form you! I also really like the seven swans album by Sufjan if you like the Illinoise one.

    By Blogger hugh, at 9:59 AM  

  • kelly clarkson? having said that, i quite like the new pussycat dolls single

    By Blogger dan, at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home