shall we not

Monday, November 14, 2005

why do i need a business card?

Well, i think goes down as one of my most stressful weeks for a while. Birmingham was frustrating, despite being there for 3 days i achieved very little. My panel (where i have to justify my existence) didn't happen because my department couldn't organise a piss up...and my supervisor would rather be elsewhere. I was not amused. It actually summed up all i can't stand about being a member of the department. Watched my students do an exam and then marked them on Saturday missing 75 minutes of the England game (at least i saw Owen's brace). They weren't great but not as bad as i initiately feared.

The week made me realise that I just don't handle stress very well (i feel like a nasty, boring person at the moment). I ended up pissing and moaning and saying stuff that'll come back and haunt me. I hold grudges way to readily. I also took that out a bit on my housemates too (but equally the stuff does annoy me like when i've been away the kitchen will be messy, my computer gets used loads and now the wireless isn't working). Felt exhausted so didn't work on Friday and on Saturday was painfully uncomfortable at a party so left.

I feel like i'm doing lots of things badly at the moment and not seeing the people i'd like to see enough but had a good Sunday. Went to Eccles in the morning which was great-trying desperately to let god in to all bits of my life and it can be quite releasing. Had Sunday lunch with some mates- good. Went and saw the Beck Retrospective at the Showroom (and remembered why i love him so) and bumped into some people i haven't seen for ages. Had a nice walk there and back soundtracked by Sleater Kinney's new album which showed up (a really dense, heavy record). Went to worship in the evening then relaxed a bit. It's amazing what a good night's sleepd does for my mood. Then this morning my wireless isn't working....damn it. I hate that stuff like that plunges me back down.

3 Comments:

  • glad you got to see the beck thing - i'd been meaning to tell you about it all week but kept forgetting then looked through the listings last night & saw it had been already on so i also thought 'damn it', but fortunately it turns out nothing needed to be damned after all.
    for what it's worth, you've not been boring or nasty to me, & you don't need to include cooking me tea in anything you may have done badly.

    By Blogger dan, at 12:57 PM  

  • Can try and have a look at your wireless sometime if you like? Not sure if I'll be able to sort it but can have a go. Probably won't be this week though. Next week maybe? Unless that is you are talking about a RADIO in early/mid 20th-century-speak. Doubt i'd be able to fix your radio.

    By Blogger Si, at 4:08 PM  

  • Cheers Si, I have no idea how but the wireless seems to be behaving again after some random button pressing from me. Thanks a lot for the offer though, i am convinced that computers conspire against me! I am suspicious of my radio too though (a snazzy digital one that can pause live shows- what devilish trickery!)

    By Blogger hugh, at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home