shall we not

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

sorry i'm such a rock and roll cliche

Well, i must have been busy to have so remiss as not post for a week. So some thoughts etc...

- I've done a first draft of what will hopefully become the first chapter of my thesis. It's 13,000 words and took me 3 and a half weeks to write but i can't tell if it's any good.
- I'm being observed teaching tommorrow which makes me a little nervous. I should probably stop messing about and prepare the lesson!
- I know i'm busy when i get the next edition of Empire and realise i've not read last months's yet. The new one has got their 25 favourite films of the year (i've seen 20) so it got me thinking anout my list which i'll put up next month. Also, i'm now very excited about Brokeback Mountain (www.empireonline.co.uk/futurefilms/film.asp?id=9981).
- Sheffield station is getting creepingly posher (they've got LED screens and an M&S!)
- Cripple Creek was fantastic as always. Really good to see the few people there that i knew but that was partly why it was great, random people choose to come!
- Liking random conversations in pubs with people, particularly the Tav which i think i can now call my local (even though it's a 20 minute walk away).
- The whole housemate thing freaks me out. Our house had a bit of a group hug last night but made me think about how i make friends i.e. i need enforced time with people. It's very rare i meet people i like instantly but when it happens i love it. Unfortunately, you seldom see those people as much as you'd like so hope to bump into them at stuff. Nice and non-pressured in a 'we don't hang out together but whenever we see each other it's cool, it'd be nice to see you more' type way.
- Lawn Dogs was on the other day (www.imdb.com/title/tt0119506/) which i really like but couldn't stay up for. I'll proabably buy it. It'd make a good Friday Night Movie and all can gawp at how youn Mischa Barton looks in it.
- My age is also freaking me out. I'm thinking of calling my party next year, "At least I'm not 25". Then next year could be called "oh crap."
- Regina Spektor tonight. Hurrahh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home