shall we not

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Barry the observer

Given the sketchy nature of my internet connection at the moment my posts are less frequent leading to this list of observations and occurances:

1. Amelie Mauresmo won! Hurrah! Give that lady a prize.
2. I had a very disturbing dream about Maroon 5 (triggered by a comment that Arsenal's Flamini looks like the lead singer).
3. Have been thinking about contentment recently. To illustrate this is what i thought of some films i've seen:
- Hidden: Fantastic French thriller, very well shot and reminding me of two of my favourite films- Rear Window and The Conversation. Also contained a scene where the cinema collectively gasped.
- New World: More of a visual poem than a film but beautiful none the less.
- Jarhead: Has grown on me in that i can still recall shots of it vividly.
- Munich: Amazing but made me depressed for the next couple of days.
Now the leitmotif here is that i liked all of these films which made me realise i rarely dislike a film. Even rubbish ones have redeeming features. So do i have low expectations or am i set to think that films are just good? I guess anything which distracts me from life is good. I wish i could apply this contentment wider or maybe it exists because it's a break.
4. I can tell i'm a bit stressed at the moment because i'm hating having stuff to do, even when i know it's fun and i'll enjoy them. It's times like this i remember i'm an introvert and i shouldn't overload myself.

1 Comments:

  • That scene in Hidden - I actually put my hand to my mouth, which is a bit cliched but a natural reaction nonetheless. Defo Hitchcock esque.

    By Blogger Pete, at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home