shall we not

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

like a valentine from your mother

  • I have completed the first part of my PhD geekery for the week but i'm not overly happy with it. My part of an article had to be 800 words and i could only manage 930 and even then it feels like it doesn't say anything. But concision never was my strong point. However, in celebration i plan to make Borscht and watch some of series 3 of Scrubs which came through my door today. Then i need to panic a bit about the interview i'm doing tommorrow.
  • I also had a revelation of how set in my ways i am. Last night i was settling in to watch Prison Break when one of my housemates asked if it was alright if he could bring back some people to watch a dvd. Of course i said and then realised i had no idea of what to do. The only options i came up with were to read a book, or read a magazine. That was quite a depressing choice to make and made me pine for an obscure hobby. Either that or a better imagination.
  • BBC 6 had Calexico on this morning. New stuff from them is always a delight.
  • The memory i associate with Valentines is of walking back from football practice a few years ago, sweaty and muddy with bloody knees and going past loads of resturants with couples in and them glancing up at me. I don't know what that says about me but there you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home