shall we not

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

i seem to remember the face and the name but if it's not you then i don't care

A rather worrying trend i have noticed concerns my inability to seperate being awake and being asleep. For a while now (since uni i think) i can sometime s go to sleep but then proceed to carry on conversations that i've been having with people but then get thoroughly freaked out that person is in my room talking to me. However, now this has started happening when i'm awake like at Bea's lunfast this morning so i was a bit spaced out throughout. Maybe it's because i can have a habit of imaging conversations with people and so actually talking to them becomes surreal as i'm not sure if i've actually said what i'm saying out loud before, all very Waking Life i know...

I also had a very disturbing dream the other day in which someone who shalll remain nameless was a serial killer. At least it wasn't as bad as that dream where i got chased by the Mr Men and Magneto (coughs in a bashful manner). Realised that this is breaking one of Vice magazine's excellent life rules, to quote: "Nobody cares about you dreams you idiot...Talking about your dreams is even worse than talking about yourself. You weren't even really there, for fuck's sake." But then i guess having a blog contradicts the first part of this quote aswell but it is more of a devise for me than anyone else.

Also, realised that it's my Birthday in three weeks and i don't really need/want anything which is cool or the things i do want are way beyond reason (a watch, the new Beck album, a house etc...)

3 Comments:

  • I wasn't the serial killer was I? I do hope not. Also is a lunfast like a brunch or is it an act of not eating in honour of the moon? I have a similar thing to you with the conversations - it tends to be more disturbing though when I see the person later on and make reference to the conversation we had and they have absolutely no idea what I'm on about

    By Blogger Si, at 10:51 AM  

  • Don't worry Si, it wasn't you! and lunfast does = brunch. I was just bored of the name which is strange anyway

    By Blogger hugh, at 1:54 PM  

  • It was defo me, wasn't it?

    Apres ski!

    By Blogger Pete, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home