shall we not

Monday, August 15, 2005

short north (she peels back her lips)

  • I have a sore throat.
  • I'm rather grumpy/fragile.
  • I have finished the first draft of my other bit of work which is nice.
  • Demetri Martin makes me laugh. For example,

-"I think that when you get dressed in the morning, sometimes you're really making a decision about your behavior for the day. Like if you put on flipflops, you're saying: "Hope I don't get chased today.""

-"When you have a fat friend there are no see-saws. Only catapults."

-"'Sort of' is such a harmless thing to say. Sort of. It's just a filler. Sort of - it doesn't really mean anything. But after certain things, sort of means everything. Like after "I love you" or "You're going to live." Or "It's a boy.""

  • Borrowed the Iron and Wine album (endless are our numbered days). It's beautiful.
  • Everyone seems to be talking myers-briggs at the moment. I think i'm ISFJ which is kind of geeky but not actually geeky enough to be a researcher damn it. But it does mean i can have Sufjan Stevens as a hero.
  • In a film of my life i would be played by Jason Lee (according to Pete). That pleases me.

2 Comments:

  • I just thought, it makes quite a difference which director you choose to do your life story too. Like it would be completely different if Scorcese dit it, as opposed to, say, James Cameron. Or imagine David Lynch..! Actually, maybe it's best not to.

    I'd definitely have P.T. Anderson do mine.

    By Blogger Pete, at 9:42 PM  

  • And no, I wouldn't have Phil Seymour Hoffman playing me.

    By Blogger Pete, at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home