shall we not

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

i've got a great idea

Rather excitingly got two packages in the post this morning. The first was the Spike Jonze dvd of music videos and stuff that i'd got off Amazon. The second was my prize from BBC6 and it was three albums:
1. We Are Scientists- With Love and Squalor (good little album that has taken up residence in my head)
2. Arab Strap- The Last Romance (alright but his voice is just too miserable for me, i'll probably give it away)
3. Starsailor- something, i didn't look (sold it to Record Collector)

Haven't got much work done today but i think that it's because i've got two days in Birmingham with the potential to be stressful (visiting academic, discussions with academic about theory, shouting at my supervisors, shouting at a tutee, teaching a lesson i'm not sure will work-it's about election systems in Norway, Germany and Italy, lectures on research theory which make my head hurt, trying to decide what my research is about, worrying about finishing in 3 years and worrying what academia is turning me into- a bit of arsehole really). Who am i kidding, it is going to be stressful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home