shall we not

Monday, October 31, 2005

a test of patience then a slap in the face

  • I found my keys. They were in the washing machine but only revealed themselves after a couple of loads of washing had spat them out again. I was very very happy, elated even. I found myself thinking about what i could learn from this as i often think God is trying to tell me something through them, i think i'll stop washing my clothes (i didn't bother praying about where my keys were, i'm sure god has more imporant things to contend with). It did make me realise that i am increasingly losing the ability to concentrate. Another example is my growing inability to remember simple things such as turning the gas off after cooking a lovely parsnip and apple soup.
  • I'm trying to write again at the moment but finding it difficult to organise and structure my thoughts on espoused theory regarding community leaders so i set off the smoke detactor cooking lunch instead.
  • It's getting dark which brought to mind one of my favourite quotes, "Winter is a time of alcoholism and despair" -Jeffrey Eugenides (Virgin Suicides).
  • Church on Sunday made me cry again. It is very interesting how people treat you if you've got blood-stained eyes.
  • I'm really enjoying the new Lemony Snicket book but did get embarrassed when i saw a young boy reading it in the same train carriage as me. I love the way his writing is so simple to read but clever at the same time, a tone i try and hit with mine but alas, seldom do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home