shall we not

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hey, I'll be your trophy wife

Lo and behold, the magical internet has been returned to me and i would therefore like to comment about a veritable array of things and stuff that has been swimming around my head but has had no outlet over the last week or so:
1. 9/11 Before the Terror: Moved into the house and hosted a party yesterday but many of you will know this as you were there. Seemed to go pretty well and there was a good volume of people. Had an ok time but have been feeling a little freaked out by the whole people interaction thing recently what with new housemates and being fairly up and down recently (quite literally with the size of the hill to get from Tesco to mine). Also seeing the two sets of mates meet was a little bit unnerving. I often feel out of place at those things and i felt uncomfortable around people i know to different levels.

2. Why won't you let me love you?: Been feeling a little unstaedy and i think it stems from the whole forgiveness thing. My bit of Bonhoffer said about in serving we give and prayer we receive but need forgiveness to be able to both and a realised i'm a) rubbish at forgiving people and b) being forgiven as i don't think i'm worthy. I think that leads to burn out and resentment.

3. Yoghurt Fancier: Dazed and confused still has the capacity to cheer me up.

4. Lies! Lies!/Alexander, our older brother: Saw the Aracde Fire last week and they were just amazing, so much passion. There are 8 of them and they had such energy and it's even made me love the album even more than i already did. Also, i looked like one of them, it also made me sad that worship isn't like that more. I can find it fairly annadine.

5. Other emotions: Had the experience of knowing two different sides of a story and suddenly realising that i'd rather know neither which freaked me out. I'm also grumpy and sad a lot at the moment (My Morning Jacket made me cry this week with the Bear)

6. Ross Noble had me squelling with delight.

7. Random social encounters: Some very good, some bad, more if i can be arsed. Also, the etiquette of greetings (handshake, hug, fist, high five?)

2 Comments:

  • re 7 - i prefer that awkward, one of you thinks it's a kiss or handshake/the other thinks it's a hug type of thing. happens to me lots in the wheelchair. makes me smile everytime.

    By Blogger dan, at 11:17 AM  

  • all dressed up in a bottle of wine...

    By Blogger Pete, at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home