shall we not

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sarah Call Home

I appear to have lost the ability to write but anyway here i go. Been transcribing interviews and it made me think about how wierd conversation is in the sense in typing up exactly what someone has said the individual who i remember as being very articulate when written down ceases to sound so. That started me thinking about why it takes me a long time to blog (it may not look like it but it does). It might be to do with the fact that written words are somehow more solid whilst conversation is more in the moment and remembered so as long as the message makes sense at that time it's ok. Written stuff can be gone back to and re-read so almost needs more accuracy.

Anything to declare:
- To clear up my spelling confusion e i meant to say anodyne (a medical soother) but i was looking for a way of saying bland/sanitised- doesn't bode well for scrabble tonight!
- I finally caved into my somewhat odd desire for pink wafers.
- I like the word tintinnabulation.

A question: Why can i never find a blue pen when i need one?

2 Comments:

  • so what does 'tintinnabulation' mean then?

    By Blogger dan, at 10:32 AM  

  • a ringing noise originating from Poe. It is Chuch pahluick's (the guy who wrote Fight Club)favourite word

    By Blogger hugh, at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home