shall we not

Saturday, October 15, 2005

your personal assitant is keeping things from you

Well, its been a fairly hectic week to the extent that i could blog about a lot of things but i'll probably just end up going for breadth not depth but never mind. Overall it has been a week of highs and lows so, here we go:
1. Really enjoying teaching in my seminars (but my tutees, who are not linked to my teaching are a pain in the arse to get to meet which is fair enough just so long as none of them fail and i get my money, i guess it's up to them.
2. PhD is going very badly at the moment to the extent that i've got to step out of my comfort zone and shout at my supervisor for being bloody useless (i don't understand him and he doesn't understand me-always a good combo). It'll take too long to explain the scenario and the last time i did i nearly burst into tears.
3. Again football was great but my boots actually fell apart during the game. It's also the time of the year when you come home covered in mud which i love because you know you've been a game.
4. Laura Veirs was fantastic. To put it in context though it was after a manic day in uni and then a 30 minute walk in the pouring rain to my mate's house where i rung out my clothes (i didn't have a coat), ate my chips and then went to the gig ( i rung out my socks in the loo between bands) but she was really good. She only played stuff off the new album but it is so different seeing it played live, a lot more involving (obviously) but made me like the album more. Her support was one of her band who was just a really genuinely lovely guy who provided his backing etc.. and looped it back and his poor lyrics where good because of his warmth etc...
5. My parents are down on Friday so i should get to see them which'll be good and it sounds like their house is coming along nicely now.
6. Bought loads of magazines recently- Empire, ID, Comes With A Smile (i'd actually heard of the bands in it for once) and Another MAn Magazine (rubbish but good pictures).
7. I think my next cd purchase will be My Morning Jacket.
8. Next Friday sees the release of Broken Flowers and Corpse Bride - lovely stuff.
9. Got two bargain tops in Birmingham. One as it has an ink stain which is proving harder than expected to remove. The other some hooligan tried to steal so there is a small hole in the back where they tried to rip the tag out.
10. Started the second of the twelve steps, more later but it turns out i'm insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home