shall we not

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I won!

  • On Monday was listening to Radio 6 and they had a quiz called Paintbox Jury where you have to guess what the artistic interpretation of an album cover was of. As i was on the internet i went and had a look, it was obviously the Soft Bulletin by the Flaming Lips, so i entered, thought nothing of it but i've just had an email saying i won. Oh joy! but i can't remember what the prize was, some albums i think. The last time i won something was a video of Summer of Sam when i was in second year. I'm positively giddy with glee. It also made me question how many people entered!
  • My football boots have arrived in time for Saturday- result.
  • Also my Beanies bag was quite interesting, and included: purple brocoli (a proper head not little shoots of it), a blackish green pepper (to go with the purple one i got last week), fennel, beetroot and spring onions the size of leeks.
  • I've even prepared my lesson for tommorrow about the general election, the Galloway Paxman argument still cracks me up ("don't threaten me Mr Galloway!") and done some PhD stuff too.
  • Anyone would think i were in a good mood and i'm a productive worker.

4 Comments:

  • hurrah hurrah hurrah!!!
    and congratulations!!!

    that is indeed funky news.

    the last thing i won was when i was 8 and won a drawing competition at our local Wimpey restaurant, something to do with the Queen's birthday or jubilee or something. I got a free burger.

    I'd have rather had some free albums!!! V.cool news Hugh!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 2:30 PM  

  • Way cool. I like 6 music. Winning stuff is fun too.

    By Blogger Pete, at 6:31 PM  

  • i look forward to consumption of interesting veg tonight...

    By Blogger dan, at 10:52 AM  

  • I once won a 'paint a granny' competition when i was about 9. Obviously it involved painting a picture of my granny,not actually physically painting her. The prize was to have some photos of me and my granny done for free at a studio.I probably won cos i was the only one who bothered to enter.

    By Blogger JoeyD, at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home